Sunday 3 July 2011

Lazing on a summer afternoon








Dress: H&M 
Sunglasses: Primark 

So after being lucky enough to get my ten hour Saturday shift cancelled  I hit the jackpot when my nine hour Sunday shift was shortened to six. The sun was still basking when I got home so I slinked the first summer dress to hand on, slicked on some bright lippie, grabbed a picnic blanket and lay outside in the heat soaking up the rays, listening to my fave tunes on the i-pod and started a new book. Absolute bliss! 

Just ignore my face in the first picture, or my hair in the third pic. But a crappy pic is better than no pic is what I like to think! Whilst getting ready I thought about the furore created last week when Lily Melrose posted a pic on her blog sunbathing with make up on. For me, personally, on holiday I like to let my skin breathe and the idea of my make-up sinking into my skin whilst I tan makes me queasy. But then again, I don't have perfect skin and I know full well how upsetting it can be to see an other wise lovely picture of yourself ruined by a huge spot. If I was to make an absolute generalised sweeping statement my guess is that the girls who have predominantly fashion based blogs would wear make up on holiday, whilst those who have predominantly beauty related blogs would go without. Am I wrong in thinking that? 

So getting off that tangent and back on course I decided against any heavy make- up, just a sweep of bronzer and a slick of bright pink lipstick. Note: which I hadn't applied on my first pic- that's why its so god awful!  

I really hope its a hat trick weather wise tomorrow. Although it is Scotland so the chances are very slim. 

Have you been out lazing in the sun today? 
xxx

2 comments:

Hannah said...

such a cute dress, love it


Bow Dream Nation xx

littlehaamster said...

nice dress! x

http://littlehaamster.blogspot.com/